Monday, March 28, 2011

April 2011: Choosing Teh Right

Keeping teh Sabbath day holy
One Sunday, my house caught on fire. I was scared, because I wanted to call 911, but I knew I should keep the Sabbath day holy. So I didn't call 911. Luckily, the April 2005 issue of Teh Chum saved me, so I'm not dead. I was glad I kept the Sabbath Day holy.
--Billy, age 7, California

Obeying teh Word Of Wisdom
I was at my friend's birthday party, and someone offered me root beer. I told her no, because I don't drink. I was glad I obeyed the Word of Wisdom.
--Emilee, age 8, Utah

Teh Bat Man Film
Once, my babysitter put on Batman. I knew that show was bad because bats don't wear clothes. I turned it off, and I told my babysitter that if she put it back on, I'd tell my parents not to pay her. I knew I had done the right thing.
--Johnny, age 6, Alabama

Teh Little Mermaid
My my friends and I had a sleepover. My friend's mom put on The Little Mermaid. I said, "no, The Little Mermaid is bad because Ariel only wears a bikini top and doesn't wear pants." She said "okay, how 'bout Camp Rock?" I agreed. I hated the movie while I was watching it, but I knew I had done the right thing.
--Elizabeth, age 10, Canada



Teh Selena Gomez Par-TAY!
My friends wanted me to go over to their Selena Gomez-themed party. I told her no, because on Wizards of Waverly Place, she's mean. I said "how 'bout we change it to a Justin Bieber-themed party?" We all hated the party, but I knew I had done the right thing.
--Jenny, age 10, Nebraska

* No, I actually don't watch Wizards of Waverly Place. One of my friends suggested I should write about it, so I did. I felt good that I chose to listen to my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment