Sunday, December 9, 2018

LDS Frozen (part two)

Three years later, Ashlee was finally able to convince Eliza to go to a YSA dance with her and her friends. Although Ashlee had still gone to church all those years, she had been isolated for a long time because the gates were closed.
Ashlee had bought a beautiful modest green dress to wear to the dance, and was extremely excited for it because, hey, she could actually be with PEOPLE!

[Ashlee] The window is open, so's that door
I didn't know they did that anymore
Who knew we'd ever get another chance

To actually do something that was fun?
Why were my parents' rules so dumb?

Finally we're going to a dance!
There'll be actual real live people
It'll be totally strange
But wow, am I so ready for this change!

'Cause for the first time in forever
There'll be music, there'll be light
For the first time in forever
I'll be dancing through the night

There will be lots of people
But not just in our ward!

'Cause for the first time in forever
I will not be bored.

I can't wait to meet everyone! [gasp]
What if I meet... the one?

Tonight imagine me at the dance
Dreaming that I'll find romance.
I'll look like I am staring into space!

Ooh! I suddenly see him standing there
A beautiful stranger, tall and fair
I wanna stuff some chocolate in my face

But then we laugh and talk all evening,
Which is totally bizarre
Nothing like the life I've led so far

For the first time in forever
There'll be magic, there'll be fun
For the first time in forever
I could be noticed by someone

And I know it is totally crazy
To dream I'd find romance
But for the first time in forever
At least I've got a chance


Meanwhile, Eliza was in her room, nervous about making a mistake.

[Eliza:] Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, put on a show
Make one wrong move and everyone will know

[Eliza:] But it's only for today
[Ashlee:] It's only for today
[Eliza:] It's agony to wait  
[Ashlee:] It's agony to wait
[Eliza:] Tell the guards to open up the gate
[Ashlee:] The gate
[Ashlee:] For the first time in forever  
[Eliza:] Don't let them in, don't let them see
[Ashlee:] I'm getting what I'm dreaming of  
[Eliza:] Be the good girl you always have to be
[Ashlee:] A chance to meet some awesome people!  
[Eliza:] Conceal
[Ashlee:] A chance to find true love
[Eliza:] Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
[Ashlee:] I know it all ends tomorrow,
So it has to be today
'Cause for the first time in forever
For the first time in forever
Nothing's in my way!


Ashlee was prancing around outside, singing, when suddenly, she ran into a guy on his bicycle and fell on the ground.
"Hey!" she yelled.
"I'm so sorry!" he apologized. "Are you hurt?"
"Hey," she said in a softer tone, noticing that the guy was extremely good-looking. He was tall and handsome with reddish brown hair and dreamy eyes.
"Oh, I should introduce myself. I'm Harold and I'm visiting from Salt Lake!"
"I'm Ashlee, and I'm from Alpine!"
"Well, this is awkward," she said. "Not that you're awkward, just that we're awkward. I'm awkward; you're gorgeous. Wait, what?"
Suddenly, the alarm on Ashlee's phone went off.
"I've got to go to the YSA dance," said Ashlee. "Bye!"
At the YSA dance, Ashlee and Eliza were socializing when a geeky guy named William asked them to dance.
"Thank you, only I don't dance," said Eliza. Then she pointed to Ashlee. "But my sister does."
While doing crazy dance moves, William asked nosy questions about why the castle gates were shut. You know, because that's totally not weird.
"Are you okay, Ashlee?" Eliza asked after the song was over.
"I've never been better!" said Ashlee. "This is so nice! I wish it could be like this all the time!"
"Me too," said Eliza. "But it can't."
"Why not?"
"It just can't."
"Excuse me," said Ashlee. She slowly walked through the gymnasium, until suddenly she bumped into Harold.
Harold and Ashlee began to dance. They spent the evening talking.
"So, you have how many brothers?" asked Ashlee.
"Twelve older brothers," answered Harold.
"Wow!" exclaimed Ashlee. "Most LDS people stop after having ten kids!"
"I know! Two of them pretended I was invisible for two years, but I guess that's what brothers do."
"And sisters. Eliza and I used to be really close, but then one day, she just shut me out, and I never knew why."
Harold held Ashlee's hand.
"I would never shut you out," he said.
"Okay, can I just say something crazy?" exclaimed Ashlee.
"I love crazy!"
They began to sing about how much the past sucked and how perfect they were for each other. Then, Harold asked Ashlee to marry him. Of course, Ashlee said yes.
When Ashlee told Eliza the news, Eliza responded coldly.
"You can't marry a man you just met," she said.
"You can if it's true love!" insisted Ashlee.
"Ashlee, you'll be with him for eternity. And what do you know about true love?"
"More than you! All you know is how to shut people out!"
"Ooh, burn!" said some bystanders.
"I'm leaving," said Eliza.




"Eliza, please, I can't live like this anymore! Not for eternity!" pleaded Ashlee.
"Then leave," Eliza said coldly.
"What did I ever do to you? Why do you shut everyone out? What are you so afraid of?"
"I said enough!" shouted Eliza. At that moment, part of the gymnasium turned to ice. Eliza ran off, mortified.
"And all because she wanted to marry me," groaned Harold.
Ashlee tried to follow Eliza, but it was no use. She asked Harold to take care of everyone while she went to look for her sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment